Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Song of the Week: The War



I've always had this song play at Mile 20 of the marathon, and as far as training goes, that's sort of where I am. First, as I tend to feel at mile 20, I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing this for.  The song's ever-repeating line:
Believe you want this

 helps you remember what the goal is.

Then there is the line that really makes it the Mile 20 song:  

Why won't you tell me that its almost over?

Plus it has a great beat, its a good song, and by a fantastic band. Today I bought the book Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall for my taper motivational read. Its the book that started the barefoot running trend. I hear its a great read, but until the taper I'll be immersed in The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Steig Larsson. Yes, it was a Barnes and Nobles day.

No comments:

Post a Comment