Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Song of the week: Remember the Name



The hill ending my long run. The first 7:30 mile of my 10.5 mile run yesterday. The soundtrack to my mile repeats:


This is ten percent luck
twenty percent skill
five percent concentrated power of will
five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
and one hundred percent reason to remember the name

How could this song not channel energy?

Somehow, somewhere, at some point in my training, 8:20min/mi pace has become my comfortable pace. I must have done something right because I will be doing what feels like a slow jog, and look down to see 8:10min/mi on my Garmin. This is especially true after speed workouts. So, I'm feeling comfortable shooting for a 3:30 marathon.

My mile repeats this morning went well. Its a very fun workout. My stomach was bothering me, so I didn't do as well as I had hoped for my I definitely got my heart-rate up. It was so hard to get out of bed this morning. The Sabres won last night and the game was great, but I didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. and my alarm went off at 5 a.m. Tonight, I'm staying over at a friend's place and using the hills in Rock Creek park for a hilly 12 mile run tomorrow morning. My mantra will be that its the last one! Better make it good!



No comments:

Post a Comment