Sunday, December 20, 2009

Training Log: Dec. 19

December 19th! Its officially 4 months to the Boston Marathon and today marks the first day of training. My Friday and Saturday workout plans were a bust because of a party I forgot I needed to go to and the snow closing down the pool I planned on using. Today I did about 7-8 miles (my garmin ran out of batteries a few miles in) through ice, packed snow, some one-foot deep not-so-packed snow, and *shudder* puddles. It was a lot of fun, although my pace was pretty slow.

The next few weeks are going to focus on gradually starting to consistently run again, cross training, and weight lifting. I have a 20k planned for Jan. 16th, and I want to do it at goal pace for Boston, around 7 min/mi pace. So, most of my running is going to be speed training (once the snow melts), tempo runs, and not so slow long runs. That race is going to sneak up on me, and I want to get some 14 mile runs in before it at a decent pace.

My toe still isn't feel 100%, but I've put in the rest, and its just not getting better. So, I give up. I can't afford/stand anymore down time. I took 3 weeks off after the half, another week off from that short 5-mile run, another week off after my 10k, and now, I'm done. It doesn't actually hurt, it just twinges, and I can live with it.

Monday: Run a light 3 miles. Spinning class. Yoga. Core and upper body workout.
Tuesday: Spinning class. Leg and light core workout.
Wednesday: 5 mile tempo run
Thursday: 4 miles of speed-work. Leg, core, and upper body workout.
Friday: Christmas. I get off today :)
Saturday: 13 miles at 7:30 min/mi pace

No comments:

Post a Comment