Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Change of plans

I was told today to not run for 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS! (I burst into tears, it was awkward)

I am certain that I will go absolutely crazy. I also know that once I start training, I will value every mile I get to run. Anyway, I'm supposed to be resting, and God knows I don't do moderation very well so maybe this is a good thing. My mantra is I will use this is as an opportunity to be creative and try new things.
Plan for staying sane:
  • Gym membership. For strength-training and spinning classes. I also wanted to try out some boxing lessons. I think it'd be a great workout, plus yoga and pilates classes.
  • Pool access. I found free access to an indoors swimming pool! Fun! Cardio!
  • Weekend activities. Hiking? Rock climbing center? Something to replace weekend long runs. I was told I can do anything but run... perfect right?
I'm going to do the one-mile walk Sunday instead of the half-marathon. I will be sulking and pouting the whole time.

I was told I can run and it most likely won't do damage but it would delay recovery. Its just one, itty, bitty, 13 mile race... right?

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. 3 weeks is a long time. But, that's a great way to approach the downtime... as a time to try new things! Hooray! I hope it works! :)

    Also... I just found your blog.... and WOW. You posted your food journal on here??? I should do that. I NEED to do that. Good idea. I'm officially stealing it. :)

    ReplyDelete