Monday, October 12, 2009

Song of the Week: The Climb


Go ahead, make fun of me. Yes, I'm putting Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana on here.  But, this song came out as I was starting and it'll end up being the song that I associate with training for MCM09. Mostly, because training is really difficult and takes a large amount of dedication, discipline and patience, all of which do not come naturally to me.

The Climb is really motivating in reminding me that every workout counts, and you need to push on no matter what; each one builds on the last.  My only issue is with the line "It doesn't matter how fast you get there," since really, that's almost all that matters right now.

So, I'm throwing her at the end of my playlist, when I'm running up that last hill, I'll be reminded of getting up early for a run every morning so that I could make that climb and give everything I have. 0.2 miles later, I can throw up/pass out/stuff my face with bagels--might as well give it my all. On that hand, I decided my mantra is going to be: "It's 3 1/2 hours of your life--make it hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment