Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gynecologic Cancer Foundation's Half-marathon




I just registered for the inaugural Gynecologic Cancer Foundation's half-marathon! I'm excited to do another distance race this season. I've been tempted to try to run the marathon even faster, but I'm sticking to my 3:30 goal. So this race, I'm just going to run full out. Its 13.1 miles and I'm going to race on feel more than pace.

For the first time, I'm going to ask for donations for a race. You can access my fundraising page here. I've had many friends diagnosed with cervical cancer and because they were able to catch it so early, it was easy to fight. Not only does awareness play such a major role in fighting women's cancers, but also health. If you take care of your body, it'll take care of you. :)

So, please donate! It's a very personal issue to me and it'll be even more motivating to race it if I've reached my goal. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment