Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Workout update: Dec. 14

Yesterday, I slacked off during my spinning class since my legs were shot from Sunday's 9.57 miles, a jump from my non-running state for the past month. My quads were a bit achy, so I focused on my glutes for most of the class. I didn't really dig the Monday night instructor. Peri is tonight, and she's my favorite, but I'm still sore. I decided I'll wait until Wednesday to take a rest day, since I know I don't like that instructor either.

I did however, get in a great upper body and core workout in. Which, made the spinning class a little uncomfortable, but I'm only slightly feeling it today. I was at the gym for about an hour and 45 minutes, and got home in time for some hockey, and a quick dinner.

I went to the doctor's office this morning, and I was scolded when she asked if I wanted to lose weight and I said yes. I've a 20 BMI, at 5'2" and 112. My blood pressure was low but good enough and everything else good to go. I really love my doctor, she's so cheery and enthusiastic. She said 7-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day, instead of 4-5. I'm a-okay with that! She said to keep doing what I'm doing, so marathons are awesome.

Also, she said my 2-3 cups of coffee a day are alright. The loop had a great blog post about running and coffee, and I don't like running without coffee in the morning so I had to read it. There are a ton of great benefits to drinking coffee, especially before running. Definitely give this one a read!

Boston training to commence Dec. 19th. I'll be going to the gym everyday this week. Must get into better shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment