Monday, February 1, 2010

Just because its Feb. doesn't mean its any warmer

As the snowing was falling rather heavily on Saturday, I was actually glad that I didn't have to go running in it! I went to my spin class, did an hour on the elliptical, and then found out at the metro that my pool was closed due to weather. I really wanted to get in a good three hours of work, so that it mimicked a long run. Oh well!

All this cross training and people think I'm training for a triathlon instead of a marathon! 

I ran 100.94 miles in January with an average pace of 6.9 mph. I spent about 5 hours in spinning class and 2 and a half hours in the pool. Now that I like swimming so much, I'm going to try to make my Garmin calendar very colorful in February, with lots of cross training since my running mileage will be so low. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to start--cringe--running in the morning again, and going to the gym at night. Since I'm only doing 2-3 runs M-F, I think its a good idea.

So this week, I am running Tuesday and Thursday morning. Five miles each: one easy, one fartlek run. Monday and Wednesday are pool workout days. Tuesday is spinning and lifting. Friday is a two hour yoga class. Saturday is a 90 min spin class, weight training, and an hour long swim. Sunday I'm doing a 16-mile run. 

And yes, I gave myself Thursday night off for dinner with a friend, I'm going out after my yoga class Friday, and I have multiple parties on Saturday--I can have a life and work my ass off. I'll be exhausted, but I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment