Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Song of the week: Amour du Sol



My first running song of the week got me through the last of my quick mile during my 6-mile tempo run this morning. Its Yelle's Amour du Sol--translated to Love of Sweat (get it now?). Really fantastic song with a consistently good beat that keeps your pace up.

However, it was no a sweaty morning. Hello September! It would have been nice to get a few moderate mornings in before it was all of a sudden in the 50s! I ran outside this morning and promptly ran right back in and put on a long sleeve shirt. I extended my warm up pace for a couple extra blocks to make up for the goosebumps on my legs. I had serious, serious urges to run right back inside and curl up on my bed with blankets, but I pulled through and stayed out. The sun didn't rise until I was already half-way finished with my run. I tried to stay really focused and it paid off. I had a great run, and then a great core workout when I got back to my apartment.

This is a rant that has nothing to do with running: Two weeks ago, my September was empty, and I was happy for a quiet month to have actual free time and train. All of a sudden, I opened up my calendar and its all purple and people are trying to make more plans with me. What happened?! Especially this coming weekend, which was empty after a trip was canceled and now completely full. I need to go out Saturday now, so I'm running that morning and sleeping Friday night. That way, I also get to plan a run Sunday and Monday without having to worry about getting to work on time. Trรจs excited.

Anyway, I won't complain because its almost Fall and I love, love, love Fall. The weather will get nicer, the trees will start turning colors, I can cook apples and squash with everything and bring out things like boots, coats, scarves, hats and wear black stockings nearly every day, then hockey starts up, I get to spend money and blame Christmas, and I will start going back to starbucks for pumpkin lattes everyday. Best run-on sentence ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment