I did finish my 100 mile race, and last year I said " I would love to do Grindstone on my birthday, but I want to work toward a better marathon PR. ... Its a hard goal to give up, since I said that I'd do it, but I really will one day! Its just not the best for this year." I also said "I love running with all I have, so I'm doubting whether I'd be good at storing my energy for something like a 100k or 100M race." Silly Brittany had decided against something she never tried!
Seeing as I didn't do anything I planned on doing last year, is there really a point to this post. Do I need to recap my year and outline goals for 2011?
- Start running again. (Kind of important)
- Two 100M finishes: MMT and Pine to Palm
- Place in an ultra. (I always get 4th or 5th and it's kind of annoying)
- Run in all minimalist shoes.
- Keep up strength training year-round.
- Get out West for a race at altitude (and a vacation).
- Don't get injured.
|(Running miles by month. Don't include hiking miles.)|
Daily Mile provided a page with all my 2010 stats: http://www.dailymile.com/people/BrittanyZ/training/2010/summary
10 Things I did in 2010:
- Ran 1,453 miles.
- Burned off 1,066 doughnuts.
- Raced 6 ultras.
- Raced 3 marathons.
- New distance PRs at 101.87 miles (32:03), 50 miles (11:20), and 50k (6:33).
- Did one 5k at the exact time as my last (and first) one. Damn.
- Learned how to swim.
- Got promoted (twice).
- Moved into a group house with awesome access to Rock Creek Park.
- Lost my anal virginity.*